Families Achieve Stable Housing
The program criteria includes:
- Orange, Osceola or Seminole county residents with children
- Families who are without permanent housing or face imminent threat of eviction
- Family is working, employable or has stable income and meet guidelines for low income services
- Motivated as evidenced by signing the Mutual Agreement committing to stay connected to the program for 6 to 12 months
- The entire family agrees to participate in the Rapid Re-housing and teaming process
Through the Rapid Re-housing approach, Pathways to Home connects families to permanent housing and reduces the amount of time they experience homelessness. Prolonged exposure to homelessness has a significant negative effect on adults and children. The longer a family experiences homelessness, the poorer the outcomes will likely be in a variety of areas. By ensuring families’ basic needs are being met by first finding them permanent housing, we can then work on identifying and building upon the strengths and the natural supports of the family to reduce risk factors and increase their ability to maintain stability long after they transition from the program. By empowering families, Pathways to Home program is strengthening the fabric of the Central Florida community.
The Pathways to Home model gives power back to families who are willing to make a commitment to work toward their own advancement. We do not force families to change. Our involvement is respectful and positive and builds on each family’s strengths and experiences. Our support team nurtures the family back to self-sufficiency.
Services provided by our intensive case management include:
To prevent child and family homelessness, Pathways To Home also has an Eviction Prevention program that assists families in paying off immediate debts related to housing and allowing them to remain in their current place of residence.